Connects eligible individuals with free help in completing their tax returns.
- The objective of the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) is to help eligible individuals who are not able to prepare their income tax and benefit returns by themselves.
- It is intended to ensure that all taxpayers have equal access to the tax system.
- The CVITP is a partnership between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and community organizations, which host tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to prepare tax returns for eligible individuals.
- The CRA provides training, tax software, and a network of CVITP coordinators across the country to help the community organizations and volunteers deliver the program.
- The CVITP is a source of pride for the CRA. Each year together with many volunteers and community organizations, we help over half a million Canadians file their tax returns.
Community Volunteer Income Tax Program Guidelines
Single Person - under $30,000
Couple - under $ 40,000
Adult with one child - $35,000
Each Additional Person (in the family) - $2,500
We are unable to include:
- Income over $1,000 (T4A)
- Income (T5)
- Returns for a deceased person
- Self-Employment Income
- Farming Income
- Rental Income
- Foreign Income
- Complex returns
To drop off your returns or if you wish to volunteer please contact the Vegreville & District Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) office