What is Parent Link?
Parent Link Centre is designed to support parents in their role as children's first and most influential teachers.
What Does Parent Link Offer?
Parent link is a place parents/caregivers can go to with their children
- Indoor play space for parents and child to interact and play together
- We support parents with their parenting knowledge and skills
- Parent– child programs for ages 0-6yrs
- Parent education and workshops
- Information about community programs and resources
- Developmental screening
- Chance to meet other families
- A safe place for all families to feel welcome
- Partnership with community groups to offer exclusive indoor play space to promote child development.
Parent Education & Workshops:
Triple P Positive Parenting Program: For children 16 & under and gives parents simple and practical strategies to help them confidently manage their children's behaviour, prevent problems developing and build strong, healthy relationships Link to more information
Kids Have Stress Too!: Developed by The Psychology Foundation of Canada, the Kids Have Stress Too! program helps parents, caregivers and educators understand childhood stress and how to provide children with the tools to deal with stress effectively. Link to more information.
Infant Massage & Nurturing Touch for the Growing Child: This program supports parents/caregivers through healthy bonding and communication with your child, provides a way to relax and relieve stress, and healthy touch is essential for growth and development. Link to more information
Ages & Stages Questionnaires (ASQ:3 & ASQ:SE): For children between ages 1 month to six years.Parent/caregivers can use the questionnaires to check your child's general development and strengths. Link to more information
For program information please check out the Calendar