Projects to date;
2017 Canada 150 Celebrations Year Round Passport stamping campaign
2017 Canada 150 Celebrations with a large variety of sevice groups
2018 Rotatry Rendezvous Park - initiative started to bring life to our downtown during the summer. Community Clean Up
Groups, organizations or individuals to join together on Fridays from 11 - 2 pm to fundraise, celebrate and create community spirit in the Rotary Rendezvous Park. Ideas could be but not limited to:
Hot Dog Fundraiser (BBQ provided by Town) - Popcorn Sales - Lemonade Stands - Raffle Ticket sales - Musicians / street performers - Yoga - etc.
**CONTACT 780-632-3100 if you wish to book the Rendezvous Park for your activity
2018 Community Clean Up - Cleaning Better Together - First annual clean-up was held during June 13-15, 2018
Vegreville schools will be lead the community clean up. We encouraged citizens to be leaders and show our kids, we too can clean our business properties, clean our parks and our community.
2018 Blooms in the Community - Small efforts make a big difference! Blooms in the Community promotes involvement and action by citizens of all ages. The Town of Vegreville - Impact Vegreville Committee is providing an opportunity for individuals or groups of individuals wishing to be more active in the community a place to practice their gardening skills.
If you want more info in regards to any of these initiatives please contact Paul Suiter Community Services Director at 780-632-3966
Impact Vegreville (IV) –Tapping into the Lifeblood of the Community
Ad-Hoc Committee of Town Council
A “community engagement” Committee with the purpose of fostering, developing and enhancing community spirit.
- To actively engage the public in the decisions that affect them
- To create a community where people feel connected and care about each other
- To create buy-in from various community stakeholders and resident demographics (ie: youth, seniors)
- To provide recommendations on preferred communications strategies to Town Council
The Committee consists of voting members from the following areas;
- 3 (three) Members of Town Council
- 1 (one) Member of Town Senior Administration
- Community representatives including a cross-section of various demographic groups (ie: youth, seniors)
- The Committee will appoint from within its members, through consensus, the following positions: Chair, Vice-Chair
Members of the Impact Vegreville Committee agree to commit to involvement for at least one year. Members will have staggered term commitments to allow for continuity and stability of the committee.
- Meetings should be held as required for effective functioning of the Committee and at the call of the Chair.
- Meetings of the Committee will generally be open to the public.
- A simple majority of regular members of the Committee will constitute a quorum.
- Minutes of each Committee meeting will be circulated to members within two weeks following the meeting. They will not be made public until approved by the Committee at the subsequent meeting.
- The Impact Vegreville Committee will function on a collaborative/consensus committee process. This means that all parties participate equally and that decision-making will aim to have full agreement on the course of action to be followed. Only as a last option will there be a need for formal voting.
- The Impact Vegreville Committee may decide to appoint Teams to work on specific functions such as community events, stakeholder and public meetings, focus groups, community conversations etc. Such Teams will be chaired by one member of the Impact Vegreville Committee and may include additional members outside the Committee. All Teams will report back to the Committee on a regular basis.