Projects to date;
2015 Paint the Town Red - Town wide celebration of the Vegreville Pysanka 40th Anniversary
2017 Canada 150 Celebrations Year Round Passport stamping campaign
2018 Theme - Working Better Together - Community forum early 2018 to help groups collaborate
Impact Vegreville (IV) –Tapping into the Lifeblood of the Community
Ad-Hoc Committee of Town Council
A “community engagement” Committee with the purpose of fostering, developing and enhancing community spirit.
- To actively engage the public in the decisions that affect them
- To create a community where people feel connected and care about each other
- To create buy-in from various community stakeholders and resident demographics (ie: youth, seniors)
- To provide recommendations on preferred communications strategies to Town Council
The Committee consists of voting members from the following areas;
- 3 (three) Members of Town Council
- 1 (one) Member of Town Senior Administration
- Community representatives including a cross-section of various demographic groups (ie: youth, seniors)
- The Committee will appoint from within its members, through consensus, the following positions: Chair, Vice-Chair
Members of the Impact Vegreville Committee agree to commit to involvement for at least one year. Members will have staggered term commitments to allow for continuity and stability of the committee.
- Meetings should be held as required for effective functioning of the Committee and at the call of the Chair.
- Meetings of the Committee will generally be open to the public.
- A simple majority of regular members of the Committee will constitute a quorum.
- Minutes of each Committee meeting will be circulated to members within two weeks following the meeting. They will not be made public until approved by the Committee at the subsequent meeting.
- The Impact Vegreville Committee will function on a collaborative/consensus committee process. This means that all parties participate equally and that decision-making will aim to have full agreement on the course of action to be followed. Only as a last option will there be a need for formal voting.
- The Impact Vegreville Committee may decide to appoint Teams to work on specific functions such as community events, stakeholder and public meetings, focus groups, community conversations etc. Such Teams will be chaired by one member of the Impact Vegreville Committee and may include additional members outside the Committee. All Teams will report back to the Committee on a regular basis.