Drop off locations for recycling in Vegreville
- Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility (VMRF) 5201 - 52 Avenue
- Central Recycling Drop-Off Centre- located just off of Highway 16A on Pacific Avenue, behind Dairy Queen
What can we recycle here in Vegreville?
**New Photocopier/Printer Ink and Toner Options** Contact the VMRF at 780-632-3197 for more information!
The Town of Vegreville recognizes the importance of reducing its carbon footprint and encourages its residents to do the same. In a three year period, the Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility (VMRF) shipped the equivalent of 93 tractor trailer loads of recyclable materials to processing facilities. If these tractor trailer loads were lined up, they would stretch for 1.25 km, or 14 football fields.
Our recycling programs at the Vegreville Sanitary Landfill have also recycled the following quantities:
- 384 metric tonnes of metal
- 100 metric tonnes of electronics
- 15 metric tonnes of household hazardous wastes
- 40 metric tonnes of paint material
- Currently active in Alberta's Tire Recycling Program with tens of thousands of tires recycled to date
In 2011, the Town started a Residential Composting Pilot project. Three cubic yard green bins were placed in select alleys and then monitored. The response from residents was extremely positive. In 2012, the Town of Vegreville signed an agreement with Growing Power Hairy Hill to ship our compostable materials to their facility, where it is processed to produce green power.
For more information on our many recycling efforts, just click on the links below.
Click here to view the 2017 Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility Year End Report
Click here to view the 2016 Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility Year End Report
Click here to view the 2015 Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility Year End Report
Click here to view the 2014 Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility Year End Report
Click here to view the 2013 Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility Year End Report
Other Recycling Websites