We understand that finding information and navigating the system in rural Alberta can be difficult. FCSS staff are here to help you find the information you need! Call us at 780-632-3966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you connected.
Another way FCSS can help is when life gets a bit more complicated. FCSS can provide support to individuals, families, and caregivers and together we can solve problems, make plans, and strengthen your capacity to meet you’re your needs. Some of the reasons to call or make an appointment with an FCSS Community Programmer include:
- Are looking for information about provincial and federal benefits for adults and seniors.
- Need assistance with completing forms for government programs.
- Have concerns associated with ageing, be a caregiver, or elder abuse.
- Would like some support with developing new programs for children, youth, or seniors.
- Looking for someone to help with snow removal, housekeeping, or other odd jobs.
- Are concerned and want to find support for possible child abuse, neglect, or sexual exploitation.
- Not sure where to turn for help with an issue or concern with a relationship.
|Vegreville Alberta Supports Centre||Income Support, Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH), Employment Services, Homelessness, Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) program, and Family Support for Children with Disabilities.|
|Alberta Children's Services||Leads Child Care and Intervention, Early Childhood Development, Foster and Kinship Care, Adoption, and Improvements for Children and Youth|
|Alberta Seniors||Alberta Seniors Benefit, Special Needs Assistance, Health, Dental and Optical Assistance, and Property Tax Deferral.|
|Alberta Continuing Care||Learn about Continuing Care services, Accommodations and Standards, How to Access Services, and Find Resources for Operators and Caregivers|
|Government of Canada – Programs and Services for Seniors||Canada Pension, Guaranteed Income Supplement, Old Age Security, Caregiving Benefits, Your Health, Safe at Home, Managing Your Money, Services for Veterans, Fraud Prevention, and Funding Programs.|
|Service Canada – Outreach Services in Vegreville||Once a month Service Canada staff come out to Vegreville to answer questions and guide clients through online forms, and better understand and access the services and benefits available to them.|
|Canada Revenue Agency|
Individual tax inquiries line: Call 1-800-959-8281 to get tax information for individuals.
Call this number for information and assistance with electronic services for individuals such as My Account, NETFILE and Represent a Client.
Get a copy of your tax slips: Slips are prepared by your employer, payer, or an administrator. You should have received most of your slips (including your T4, T4A, and T5 slips) and receipts by the end of February. However, T3, and T5013 slips do not have to be sent before the end of March.
|Kids Help Phone|
Provides 24/7 professional counselling, information, and referrals. Confidential and you don’t even have to tell them your name if you don’t want to.
Text: CONNECT to 68686
|Elder Abuse Supports||Are you needing resources to help to identify, addressing, or preventing elder abuse? The Rural Elder Abuse Prevention (R.E.A.P.). the coalition can help! There are representatives from service agencies, organizations and businesses that are concerned about the wellbeing of seniors. The geographic area covered by this coalition encompasses five counties in central Alberta Beaver County, County of Minburn, Lamont County, County of Two Hills, and Flagstaff County. |
Phone numbers to call for your area:
Flagstaff County FCS: 780-385-3976
|Mental Health & Addiction Support|
Access 24/7 – Single Point Access to Addiction & Mental Health Programs
Provides a range of urgent and non-urgent services including support with navigating services, screening, assessment, referral, consultation, crisis intervention, outreach, and short-term stabilization.
|Vegreville Community Health Centre|
Offers services for children, adults and older adults with addiction and mental health issues.
Veg Al-Drug Society - Outpatient Counselling Services.
Vegreville Transportation Services Society (VTSS)
- New to the Vegreville area? We would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the community, provide resources, and help you get connected. Everyone is valuable and has something to offer to the community.
- The sharing of your talents, skills, abilities, and needs will lead to a stronger, more engaged, and supportive neighbourhood. If would like to be more connected and involved in the community give us a call.
For many of us, money worries are the greatest source of stress; more than work, personal health, and relationships. There are many sources of financial stress, including:
- Managing household expenses
- Dealing with high levels of debt
- Living paycheque to paycheque
- Loss of employment
- Struggling to save money for short and long-term goals
- Dealing with unexpected expenses
If you feel this way, remember you’re not alone. Financial stress affects all income levels and age groups. When we don’t have adequate income, can’t save, and get into debt, the community experiences:
- Rising rates of evictions
- Food insecurity
- Family violence
- Health problems
- Unpaid taxes and utility bills
We're here to help you find the information and resources you need to strengthen your ability to meet your financial needs. We want you to feel empowered and know more about how to:
- Budget your money during difficult times.
- Get by financially on your monthly income.
- Keep up with bills and commitments.
- Know more about how to prepare for your future.
- Overcome challenges that life has thrown your way.
|Money Mentors||Alberta Non-Profit Agency that educates Albertans in personal money management and the wise use of credit, and to provide alternatives for families and individuals facing a financial crisis.|
|Government of Canada - Financial Consumer Agency of Canada||The Financial Consumer Agency of Canada promotes financial education and raises consumers’ awareness of their rights and responsibilities.|
|Government of Canada - Money and Finances||Managing your money, debt, and investments, planning for retirement, and protecting yourself from consumer fraud.|
|Prosper Canada||As Canada’s leading national champion of financial empowerment, we work with governments, businesses, and community groups to develop and promote financial policies, programs and resources that transform lives and foster the prosperity of all Canadians|
|Government of Canada - Anti-Fraud Centre||The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre collects information on fraud and identity theft. We provide information on past and current scams affecting Canadians. If you think you're a victim of fraud, report it!|
This program is made possible in partnership with FCSS and Wellness Empowered, Shayla S. Dube, BSW., MSW., RSW.
Our Counselling Program offers affordable short-term counselling for residents of Vegreville and the County of Minburn to address a range of challenges, including those relating to the impact of COVID-19. Current counselling sessions will be offered through telephone and/or video conferencing services.
This program may be covered by extended health care benefits. Please call your health care benefits provider to see if you are covered. If you do not have coverage, this program uses a sliding fee scale. The sliding scale fee is determined by FCSS and uses family income before deductions to figure out the fee for service.
Book an Appointment
Please call us at 780-632-3966 to book an appointment.
As a result of coming to counselling, clients report they have a better ability to:
- Improve their life
- Manage life challenges and transitions
- Manage stress better
- Express emotions constructively
- Address conflict constructively
- Understanding of what a healthy relationship looks like and what they can do to contribute to improving the relationship
- Set personal boundaries
Need more help?
Community Services Directory: Finding local information in a rural community can be difficult. This resource is brought to you in partnership between the Town of Vegreville, Vegreville & District FCSS and Vegreville Kinsmen Directory. While this resource is a full list, it is not a complete list.