The Local Business Signage Incentive provides all businesses in Vegreville, excluding home-based businesses, that add, improve, or enhance permanent frontage signage affixed to their location an opportunity to apply for a $2,000 grant from the Town of Vegreville.
1. To be eligible for the $2,000 grant, an applicant must spend a minimum of $5,000 (net GST) on the business frontage sign, including both sign fabrication and installation. Project receipts must be submitted with the application.
2. To be eligible for the grant, the applicant’s sign must be permanently affixed to the business location’s frontage. Temporary signage such as banners, sandwich boards, stickers/window decals, metal/wood placards, etc. will be deemed ineligible.
i. Note: Applicants will be deemed ineligible should it be determined proper permits were not obtained for sign installation.
3. To be eligible, receipts for signage fabrication and installation must not pre-date January 1, 2023.
4. The Local Business Signage Incentive is capped at a maximum of five recipients per calendar year. Grants will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
a. Should the Local Business Signage Incentive be over subscribed, applicants may re-apply the following year provided that:
i. The Local Business Signage Incentive is offered during the year the application is received.
ii. The receipt for signage fabrication and installation do not pre-date January 1, 2023.
5. The grant’s total dollar value will not exceed nor be less than $2,000.
6. The Local Business Signage Incentive applies only to permitted and licensed businesses within the Town of Vegreville and is not eligible to home-based businesses.