A proclamation is an official public announcement or declaration issued by the Town of Vegreville intended to increase public awareness of an important issue, specific matter, or specific event. A proclamation may recognize a day, week or month.
Vegreville Town Council recognizes the importance of public awareness campaigns, events, art and culture celebrations and organizations' special honours. Town Council also recognizes the value of proclamations as a way to promote, educate, inform and bring public awareness in these areas. Proclamations declared by the Town of Vegreville are based on a framework that ensures all requests are dealt with consistently.
- Every request requires a completed Proclamation Request Form accompanied by a draft copy of the proposed full proclamation.
- A completed request form must be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance of the proclamation date.
- If no draft copy is received, the proclamation will not be considered.
- The Town of Vegreville may edit and revise the wording of the proclamation at its discretion.
- The Town will not provide media coverage for proclamations.
- Proclamations will not be put onto a council meeting agenda and will not be read out at a council meeting.
- A request for proclamation will not be considered if it:
- is determined to be of political controversy, religious beliefs or individual conviction;
- is determined to be intended for commercial or profit-making purposes;
- advocates discrimination, hatred, violence or racism;
- is contrary to the Town of Vegreville’s policies or bylaws.