The Town provides water and sewer services to all homes and businesses within our municipal borders. We also have a bulk water station that is available for non-residents.
Setting Up Services
Contact our office at 780-632-2606. We will need the address, possession date, and contact information. Or fill out our Utility Services Form and email it to email@example.com
Contact our office at 780-632-2606 – we will need the address, possession date, contact information and a completed utility renter set up form.
Billing (Receiving, Paying & What It All Means)
Receiving Your Bill
Each month, the registered property will receive a utilities (water and sewer) bill by mail. You can receive your bill by email instead of through the postal services. To receive a paperless bill, please complete the Utilities Paperless Statement Authorization Form.
Your bill will be emailed in PDF format to the email provided when you registered
Paying Your Bill
- Set Up Pre-Authorized Payment Plan
To set up the pre-authorized payment you must complete the Utility Pre-Authorization Payment Form, attached either a void cheque or the banking deposit sheet from your bank and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the town building.
- Add us as a payee on your online banking
Payee name – Town of Vegreville Utilities. Your account number can be found on your utility bill above your name at the bottom.
“Tip” – You’ll have to remove the decimal from your account number and replace it with a zero.
Still having trouble? – add another zero at the beginning
- Pay over the phone
You can pay over the phone using your visa or Mastercard by calling 780-632-2606
- Pay in person at the bank or in our office
Cash, debit, visa, MasterCard and Cheque are all accepted. (Drop box is located on the left hand of the door for after hours cheque or cash payments.)
- Pay your bill online by clicking here.
If you have questions regarding your utility bill, please contact our Utilities Clerk at 780-632-2606.
Frequently asked questions.
I made a payment but it didn’t appear on my bill?
Bills are generated a week before being sent out, it is possible the payment was made after this cut off. Expect it to appear on your next statement.
Why is my bill higher this month?
This is likely due to your water consumption. Check for any leaks or drips. Did anything change in your habits last month example: watering lawn/garden, has an extra person moved in, have you installed a new dishwasher, washer, or humidifier, have your toilets been running.
Contact our utilities clerk at 780-632-2606 if none of these apply to you.
Understanding Your Bill
There is a $38.20 flat rate for zero water consumption each month. Water is then charged at $3.34 per cubic meter used.
Bulk Water Clients
Water purchased from the Vegreville Bulk Water Station is charged at $6.17 per cubic meter.
Sanitary Sewer – Residential
There is a $6.50 fixed service fee and a $6.00 flood mitigation/storm drainage fee each month. The first 17 cubic meters is charged at $4.70, and $0.39 after that, to a maximum of 36.75 meters.
The maximum monthly sewer charge, not including fixed service fees is $12.40.
Sanitary Sewer – Non-residential
Non-residential accounts incur the same charges as residential clients. However, there is no maximum charge.
Residential garbage and recycling fees also appear on your utility bill. To view our Garbage & Recycling information, please click here.
Your water meter is located inside your house or business. Town crews take readings remotely each month.
Town crews are working on replacing water meters. If your water meter hasn’t been replaced in the last 3 years, please contact us at 780-632-2606.
Bulk Water Station
The Vegreville Bulk Water station is located off Highway 16A on 75 Street. The station is coin-operated or you can set up an account by contacting us at 780-632-3439.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth. Water comes out of the average faucet at 6 litres per minute. Don’t let all that water go down the drain while you brush! Turn off the faucet after you wet your brush and leave it off until it’s time to rinse.
- Turn off the tap while washing your hands. Do you need the water to run while you’re scrubbing your hands? Save a few gallons of water and turn the faucet off after you wet your hands until you need to rinse.
- Fix your leaks. Whether you do it yourself or hire a plumber, fixing leaky faucets can mean big water savings.
- Cut your showers short. Older showerheads can use as much as 45 litres of water per minute. Speed things up in the shower for some serious water savings.
- Choose efficient fixtures. Aerating your faucets, investing in a low-flow toilet, choosing efficient shower heads, and opting for a Water Sense rated dishwasher and washing machine can add up to big water savings.
- Don’t run the dishwasher or washing machine until it’s full. Those half-loads add up to a lot of wasted water.
- Install a rain barrel. Rainwater harvesting is a great way to keep your plants hydrated without turning on the hose or sprinkler.
- Flush with less. Older toilets use a lot of water. You can reduce your usage by sinking a milk jug of water in the toilet tank or turning the screw on the arm to reduce the amount the tank fills. Do NOT use a brick, because it will break down and the sediment can damage your tank.
- Water outdoor plants in the early morning. You’ll need less water since cooler morning temperatures mean losing less water to evaporation. It’s not a great idea to water in the evenings since this can promote mould growth.
- Water your garden with a watering can rather than a hose. A hose can use as much as 1,000 litres of water an hour. Mulching your plants (with bark chippings, heavy compost or straw) will reduce evaporation and save water.
Report a Problem
If you are experiencing problems with our utility services, please contact our Public Works 24/7 line at 780-632-3439.
To cancel your utility services please contact our utility clerk at 780-632-2606. If you have pre-authorized payments set up you will need to fill out the pre-authorized cancellation form and email it to email@example.com