Alberta declared a State of Public Health Emergency to protect the health care system from COVID-19.
Note: the temporary mandatory face coverings bylaw has been extended, per this Town of Vegreville amendment.
Effective January 18, all indoor social gatherings are prohibited. Outdoor social gatherings can have up to 10 people. This will be enforced with $1,000 fines.
Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces.
As of December 13, 2020:
- working from home is mandatory when physical presence is not required.
- all indoor recreation facilities are closed.
- all community halls and centres are closed.
- the Library is closed.
Visit the Government of Alberta website for more information on provincewide restrictions.
To contact the Chamber of Commerce, phone: 780-632-2771
Information & Resources
- COVID information for Albertans
- Public Health Orders
- Report a Public Health Order Violation
- Online Self Assessment
- Fraud Alert
The province of Alberta has put in place a mandatory mask requirement. Effective December, 8, masks are mandatory in all indoor public places, places of worship, and indoor workplaces unless exempted.
How to use a mask
Masks can become contaminated on the outside or when touched with hands.
It’s important that masks are used and disposed of properly. If worn incorrectly, you can accidentally spread infection instead of preventing it.
What to do:
- Wash or sanitize your hands:
- before putting it on
- before taking it off
- after taking it off
- Inspect the mask, holding it by the ties or loops. Discard if damaged or dirty
- Tighten with ties or ear loops to reduce gaps
- Keep nose, mouth and chin covered at all times
- Remove if wet, torn or dirty and dispose in a lined garbage bin
- Store cloth masks in a sealed bag until it can be washed in hot, soapy water
Masks should complement – not replace – other prevention measures. Continue physical distancing and good hand hygiene, and stay home when sick.
For more information on masks, please visit www.alberta.ca/masks.
Effective December 13, some businesses will be required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access.
- Vegreville Landfill
By appointment only (phone for access):
- Town Administration building (this includes Town Office, FCSS, and Infrastructure, Planning & Development)
- Public Works
- VMRF (Vegreville Materials Recovery Facility)
- Multiplex (Curling Rink)
- Social Centre
- Centennial Library
- Aquatic Centre
- Dance Studio
- Wally Fedun Arena
- Fitness Centre
- RCMP detachment (available by phone-in only)
Effective December 8, all indoor and outdoor social gatherings – public and private – are prohibited.
Group physical activities, including team sports, fitness classes and training sessions, are prohibited or restricted across Alberta.
- members of different households must maintain 2 metre distancing at all times
Open Outdoor Amenities
- Outdoor skating surfaces
- Kinsmen Outdoor Rink
- Walking trails
- Skate Park
- Tennis Courts
- Vegreville Municipal Campground
The Town of Vegreville Bylaw No. 08 - 2020, effective November 30, 2020, states that all businesses must hang COVID-19 mask signage at the entrance to their establishments.
The Government of Alberta has made available a new mandatory masking poster, for you to print and post at the entrance to your business.
Here are additional posters and documents to support awareness and actions that can be taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Alberta.
- 2020-03-12 Statement regarding COVID-19
- 2020-03-16 Town announces facility closures
- 2020-03-18 Town announces additional facility closures
- 2020-03-19 Mayor Tim MacPhee addresses residents following the closure of buildings
- 2020-03-20 FCSS cancellations and modified services
- 2020-03-23 Council Meeting Rescheduled
- 2020-03-26 Town-owned playgrounds closed
- 2020-03-30 Council meeting postponed until April 15
- 2020-03-30 COVID-19 update from Vegreville Mayor Tim MacPhee
- 2020-04-06 COVID-19 update from Vegreville Mayor Tim MacPhee
- 2020-04-06 Lights of Hope
- 2020-04-14 COVID-19 update from Vegreville
- 2020-04-20 COVID-19 update from Mayor Tim MacPhee
- 2020-04-27 COVID-19 update from Mayor Tim MacPhee
- 2020-05-15 Town Facilities to Start Slowly Opening on May 19
- 2020-05-22 Vegreville Playgrounds to Open on May 22.
- 2020-05-29 Vegreville Visitor Information Centre and Municipal Campground to open June 1.
- 2020-06-23 Vegreville Council approves opening of Spray Park and Fitness Centre with restrictions
- 2020-06-25 TELUS Candle
- 2020-07-06 Splash Park & Fitness Relaunch
- 2020-07-16 Garage Sales
- 2020-09-09 Wally Fedun Arena
- 2020-09-16 Aquatic Centre & Dance Studio
- 2020-10-27 Social Centre
- 2020-10-28 COVID-19 Testing site coming to Vegreville
- 2020-12-09 RCMP Detachment closure